- RVPNL awarded for “Best Performing Power Transmission Utility” in India
- Rajasthan Rajya Vidyut Prasaran Nigam ltd. (RVPNL) has been awarded CBIP award 2018 for “Best Performing Power Transmission Utility” in India. This award has been given to RVPNL in a function ceremony held at New Delhi on 3rd January 2018 by Dr. Satya Pal Singh, Hon’ble Minister of State, Ministry of Water Resources, River Development & Ganga Rejuvenation. The award was received by Shri Pushpendra Singh, Hon’ble Minister of State, Energy Department, Government of Rajasthan and Shri Sanjay Malhotra IAS, CMD RVPNL & Principal Secretary, Department of Energy, Government of Rajasthan.
- This award has been given to RVPNL based on the performance of last three years considering project execution, transmission losses reduction, transmission system availability & reliability, reduction of faults, capacity building, R&D and other innovations, use of modern technology, SAP ERP implementation, significant contribution towards power evacuation of renewable power, scrap free ‘5s implementation program’ and implementation of “performance based marking scheme” for grid substations of RVPNL which is unique in the country.
- World Wild Life Day: 3 March
- World Wild Life Day was celebrated all over the world on March 3 to create awareness about the world’s wild animals and plants and safeguard them.
- The United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) announced 3 March, as UN World Wildlife Day, to mark the date on which the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora (CITES) was signed.
- The theme for World Wildlife Day 2018 is: “Big cats: predators under threat”.
- Hindu woman elected to Pakistan’s senate in historic first
- Kirshna Kumari Kolhi from Pakistan’s Sindh province has become the first-ever Hindu Dalit woman Senator in pakistan.
- Kolhi, 39, from Thar is a member of Bilawal Bhutto Zardari-led Pakistan People s Party (PPP).
- She was elected on a minority seat from Sindh.
- Kolhi belongs to a remote village in Nagarparkar district of Thar in Sindh province.
- National Safety Day: 4 March
- National Safety Day is a Day which is used to make every people get safe from many issues such as Financial Loss, Health problems and also any types of problems in the life of the citizens.
- It is used to celebrate to become more secure from the activities which reflect and change the situation of the people in many ways evil as well as good ways.
- It is celebrated on the 4th March every year in India by the National Safety Council of India.
- Conrad Sangma Will be the Next CM of Meghalaya
- In Meghalaya, NPP chief Conrad K Sangma met Governor Ganga Prasad and submitted the letter of support from other parties.
- The swearing-in of Conard as the chief minister will take place on March 5.
- In Tripura, the government formation process is expected to be completed by March 10.
· ‘Arunachal Express’ inaugurated making travelling convenient and viable for commuters
- Arunachal Pradesh, State Minister of Railways, Rajen Gohain and Minister of Home Affairs Kiren Rijiju inaugurated the Arunachal Express which is ought to be a weekly express. Arunachal Express, a fully air-conditioned new weekly train service will run between Naharlagun and New Delhi.
- The new service will complement an existing weekly train service between the two places. It will also be the 14th direct train connecting Northeast with the national capital.
- The Arunachal Express will have state-of-the-art coaches which are measured to be modern and safe.
- The train will cover the 2,013 km distance between Naharlagun and Anand Vihar Terminal in little over 38 hours and will have 14 stoppages. The train will be completely air-conditioned and will have first class, two-tier and three-tier coaches along with a pantry car.
- Odisha state launches KHUSHI Scheme To Provide Free Sanitary Pads
- The Odisha government launched KHUSHIscheme to provide free sanitary napkins to school girls across the state.
- The scheme will be implemented by the health and family welfare department of the state at a cost of 70 crores per year.
- Under the scheme, the state will provide free sanitary napkins to 17 lakh girls studying in Classes 6 to 12 in government and government-aided schools.
- The announcement was made by the CM of Odisha Naveen Patnaik.
· Isro gears up to launch 2 satellites before Chandrayaan-2 mission
- Amid intense preparations for its most challenging Chandrayaan-2 mission, Indian Space Research Organisation (Isro) is gearing up to launch two other satellites before the lunar mission in April.
- Gsat-6A, similar to Gsat-6, is a high-powered S-band communication satellite weighing 2,140 kg. It will provide a platform for developing technologies that would be useful in future satellite-based mobile communication applications.
- IRNSS-1I, on the other hand, is a navigation satellite that is meant to replace the faulty first navsat IRNSS-1A, part of the Indian navigation system or NavIC or desi GPS. The three atomic clocks of the IRNSS-1A that were meant to provide precise locational data had stopped working two years ago.
· India beat Pakistan to win Snooker Team World Cup
- India won the inaugural IBSF Snooker Team World Cup title.
- The Indian combine of Pankaj Advani and Manan Chandra defeated Pakistan in the best-of-five final played in Doha.
RAS-RTS FREE Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for RAS-RTS FREE Prelims and RAS-RTS FREE Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by RAS-RTS FREE Notes are as follows:-
- RAS-RTS FREE Mains 2018 Tests and Notes Program
- RAS-RTS FREE Prelims Exam 2018- Test Series and Notes Program
- RAS-RTS FREE Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- RAS-RTS FREE Detailed Complete Prelims Notes