CAATSA stands for countering American adversaries through trade act. As the name suggest, it is an act passed by the US congress and it sanctions trade in the field of defence, energy etc. with Russia, Iran and North Korea.
- This act is going to affect India-Russia and India-Iran Relations.
- CAATSA, if implemented in its stringent form, is likely to affect India’s arms procurement from Russia in a number of ways.
- CAATSA is likely to affect all the joint ventures (JVs) existing or planned between Indian and Russian defence companies.
- The Act will also affect India’s purchase of spare parts, components, raw materials and other assistance from Russia.
- Thus US authorities will try to influence their Indian counterparts to ignore the Russian platforms, though it is entirely up to India to make its own judgement.
- RAS-RTS FREE Mains 2019 Tests and Notes Program
- RAS-RTS Prelims Exam 2019- Test Series and Notes Program
- RAS-RTS FREE Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- RAS-RTS FREE Detailed Complete Prelims Notes