Key features of National Telecom Policy, 2012
- Licensing: It aims to simplify licensing framework by establishing a unified license for all telecom services,converting to a single-license system for the entire country and removing roaming charges.
- Spectrum: It seeks to liberalise spectrum through a system where spectrum can be pooled, shared and traded.
- Connectivity: The policy aims to increase rural tele density from the current level of approximately 39% to 70% by 2017, and 100% by 2020, enabling broadband access to all village panchayats by 2014 and to all villages by 2020 and recognizing the ‘Right to Broadband’.
- Promotion of domestic industry: through preference in procurements that have security implications for India or are for the government’s own use.
- Legislations: The policy seeks to review the Indian Telegraph Act, 1885 as well as TRAI Act to remove impediments to effective functioning of TRAI.
- RAS-RTS FREE Mains 2020 Tests and Notes Program
- RAS-RTS FREE Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program
- RAS-RTS Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- RAS-RTS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes