Structural challenges : definition
- Redistribution: intrinsic limitation in terms of the effectiveness of targeting.
- State capacity: to handle its domain of delivering on health and education remain impaired for maximum number of states.
- Competitive federalism failed to idealised a model of delivery of essential services like health and education. Competitive populism needs a counterpart in Competent service delivery.
- Ambivalence towards the private sector and property.
- Legacy issue of retroactive taxation.
- Agriculture, where the protection of intellectual property rights, for example in seeds, remains a challenge
- Government dream of making world class airline, despite decade s of failure.
- Fertiliser sector: easy to rehabilitate the incompetent plant rather than facilitate the exit of egregiously inefficient one.