The practice of growing two or more crops simultaneously in a same field in definite row pattern is called intercropping. The row pattern may be in the ratio of 1:1, 1:2, and 1:3. It means after one row of main crop, one, two, or three rows of intercrops can be grown.
Objective of intercropping: The basic objective in intercropping is to increase the productivity per unit area.
Advantages of intercropping:
- It helps to maintain the soil fertility.
- It makes better use of resources.
- It economizes space and time of cultivation of two or more crops.
- Each group can be harvested, threshed and marketed separately.
- Since the seeds of the two crops not mixed before sowing, fertilizers can be placed as per the need of the crops.
RAS-RTS FREE Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for RAS-RTS FREE Prelims and RAS-RTS FREE Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by RAS-RTS FREE Notes are as follows:-
- RAS-RTS FREE Mains 2019 Tests and Notes Program
- RAS-RTS Prelims Exam 2019- Test Series and Notes Program
- RAS-RTS FREE Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- RAS-RTS FREE Detailed Complete Prelims Notes