Pre congress association were formed in 19th century. The political associations in the early half of the nineteenth century were dominated by wealthy and aristocratic elements and the The political associations of the second half of the nineteenth century came to be increasingly dominated by the educated middle class—the lawyers, journalists, doctors, teachers, etc. and they had a wider perspective and a larger agenda. Some examples of pre congress association are:
- Landholders society
- The Bengal British Indian society
- East India association
- Madras Mahajan Sabha
- Poona Sarvajanik sabha
- Indian league
- Indian National Association( Most imp)
The features of the association were:
- Localised in nature
- Limited self interest
- Membership limited to few number of class.
- Issues of peasants, women, Harijans were not in the agenda
- Creating awareness among masses was not their prime agenda( except Indian National Association)
- Lack of all India Character.
- Believer of goodwill of Britishers.
RAS-RTS FREE Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for RAS-RTS FREE Prelims and RAS-RTS FREE Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by RAS-RTS FREE Notes are as follows:-
- RAS-RTS FREE Mains 2020 Tests and Notes Program
- RAS-RTS FREE Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program
- RAS-RTS Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- RAS-RTS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes