Hoysala architecture is the Hindu temple architecture which got developed in the region of Karnataka near Mysore. It developed in the period from 1050-1300 A.D with the prominent seats being Belur, Halebid and Sringeri.
Salient features of Hoysala Architecture
- Multiple shrines of different deities were built around a central pillared hall.
- Stellate plan: These shrines are established intricately in the design of a star.
- Soft soapstone was the main building material.
- Massive emphasis was laid on the decoration of the temple through sculptures.
- Both the interior and exterior walls, even the pieces of jewellery worn by the deities were intricately carved.
- The temples were built on an upraised platform known as Jagati.
- The walls and stairs of the temple followed a zigzag pattern.
RAS-RTS FREE Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for RAS-RTS FREE Prelims and RAS-RTS FREE Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by RAS-RTS FREE Notes are as follows:-
- RAS-RTS FREE Mains 2020 Tests and Notes Program
- RAS-RTS FREE Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program
- RAS-RTS Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- RAS-RTS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes