Features of the act
The recently passed bill will amend the Maternity Benefit Act, 1961.
It increases the paid maternity leave for pregnant women working in the organised sector from 12 weeks to 26 weeks.
The 26 weeks of leave will be for the first two pregnancies.
For the third child, it will be of 12 weeks and 6 weeks for the fourth.
It allows 12 weeks of paid maternity leave to mothers who are adopting a child below the age of three months and also to commissioning mothers who opt for surrogacy.
It mandates employers to allow a woman to work from home.
Organisations which employ more than 30 women (or 50 people, whichever is less) will now have to provide a crèche.
The mother is allowed to visit the crèche four times during the day.
- Social security for working mothers.
- Giving benefit to adoptive mothers and as well as women who get children using embryo transfer signals India is a progressive step.
- In line with international practice.
RAS-RTS FREE Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for RAS-RTS FREE Prelims and RAS-RTS FREE Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by RAS-RTS FREE Notes are as follows:-
- RAS-RTS FREE Mains 2019 Tests and Notes Program
- RAS-RTS Prelims Exam 2019- Test Series and Notes Program
- RAS-RTS FREE Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- RAS-RTS FREE Detailed Complete Prelims Notes