from the government and are generally considered to be “non-state, non-profit oriented groups who pursue purposes of public interest”. The primary objective of NGOs is to provide social justice, development and human rights. NGOs are generally funded totally or partly by governments and they maintain their non-governmental status by excluding government representatives from membership in the organization.
- It serve as a alternative think tank on policy matters. It give different perspective on policy matters.
- It creates an atmosphere of participatory research, community capacity building and creation of demonstrable models.
- During natural calamities they have played an active role in relief and rehabilitation efforts, in particular, providing psycho-social care and support to the disaster affected children, women and men.
- NGOs have been instrumental in the formation and capacity building of farmers and producers’ cooperatives and women’s self- help groups.
- Played significant role in creating public awareness about various laws and policies. Like Right to Information, Right to education(ASAR report), Status of elections in India, Creating awareness about the environmental impact of the developmental project.
- NGO’s take the voice of the fragmented groups like small, Medium and cottage industries to the policy makers and hence help in the formation of qualitative and inclusive policies.
NGO’s act as a important tool in our democratic structure. It give voice to the fragmented groups and develop inclusive approach. It give a non economical angel to the policy environment which is must for a sustainable development.
RAS-RTS FREE Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for RAS-RTS FREE Prelims and RAS-RTS FREE Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by RAS-RTS FREE Notes are as follows:-
- RAS-RTS FREE Mains 2020 Tests and Notes Program
- RAS-RTS FREE Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program
- RAS-RTS Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- RAS-RTS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes