Functions of Trade Unions in India
- Collective Bargaining-Hon’ble Supreme Court of India has defined Collective bargaining as“the technique by which dispute as to conditions of employment is resolved amicably by agreement rather than coercion”in this process negotiations and discussions take place between employer and employee in respect to working conditions.Refusing to bargain collectively is an illegal trade practice. Collective bargaining helps to resolve the issues of workers. Collective Bargaining is the foundation of the movement and it is in the interest of labour that statutory recognition has been accorded to Trade Union and their capacity to represent workmen.
- Trade Unions protect the worker from wages hike, provides job security through peaceful measures.
- Trade Unions also help in providing financial and non-financial aid to the workers during lock out or strike or in medical need.
- It has also to be borne in mind while making an agreement that the interest of the workers who are not the members of Trade Union are also protected and the workers who are not members of the Trade Union are also protected and the workers are not discriminated.
- RAS-RTS FREE Mains 2020 Tests and Notes Program
- RAS-RTS FREE Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program
- RAS-RTS Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- RAS-RTS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes