PMO is the attached office of the Prime minister. It acts as a centralised agency. The relevance of PMO is decided by the person holding the post of the PM and the kind of government majority government or minority government.
Relevance of PMO:
- Acts as a repository of data, records, files etc. Hence provide continuity to the administration.
- Decision making efficiency increase.
- Specialised inputs are provided especially in the field of nuclear tech, having negotiation with other country, taking part in any international convention etc.
- Provide stability to the governance. Some critical areas like nuclear command, security of state are governed with minimum politics.
But PMO’s relevance is sometimes anti to the democratic ethics and values . The major criticism of PMO’s are:
- It reduces the relevance of cabinet secretariat.
- Extra constitutional body hijacking the democratic institution.
- Concentration of power in one office often leading to dictatorial tendencies
- It hinders the balance of power equilibrium.
RAS-RTS FREE Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for RAS-RTS FREE Prelims and RAS-RTS FREE Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by RAS-RTS FREE Notes are as follows:-
- RAS-RTS FREE Mains 2019 Tests and Notes Program
- RAS-RTS Prelims Exam 2019- Test Series and Notes Program
- RAS-RTS FREE Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- RAS-RTS FREE Detailed Complete Prelims Notes