: At the national level the Act was enacted on September 20, 1994. This act came into force in the year 1996.
- It was amended in 2003 to improve regulation of technology capable of sex selection.
- The main purpose of enacting the PC & PNDT(prohibition of Sex Selection) Act, 1994 has been to:
o Ban the use of sex selection techniques before or after conception
o Prevent the misuse of pre-natal diagnostic techniques for sex selective abortions
o Regulate such techniques
- All bodies under the Act cannot function unless registered.
- It prohibits sex selection before or after conception and misuse of pre-natal diagnostic techniques for determination of the sex of the foetus and also advertisements in relation to such techniques for detection or determination of sex.
- The Act and Rules deal elaborately with the maintenance and preservation of proper records.
- The Appropriate Authorities are empowered with the powers of Civil Court for search, seizure and sealing the machines, equipments and records of the violators of law including sealing of premises and commissioning of witnesses
RAS-RTS FREE Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for RAS-RTS FREE Prelims and RAS-RTS FREE Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by RAS-RTS FREE Notes are as follows:-
- RAS-RTS FREE Mains 2020 Tests and Notes Program
- RAS-RTS FREE Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program
- RAS-RTS Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- RAS-RTS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes