Institution are key component of democracy. They are the building blocks of democracy. These blocks keep the democracy alive and vibrant. Election commission of India, CAG, UPSC, Parliament, SC, NGO, Responsible media, Civil servant are some of the example of institution in democracy.
The role played by the institutions in democracy:
- Prevent the authoritarian nature of the ruling government.
- Help in maintaining the rule of law.
- Give predictability and continuity to the policies and schemes. It prevents radicalisation and populism of schemes and policies.
- They help as a authentic source of Information for the citizens participating in political process.
- It prevents nepotism and over exploitation of resources by keeping a check on executives.
- Ensure inclusive growth and development
- Their reports gave a appraisal of the ruling governance.
- RAS-RTS FREE Mains 2020 Tests and Notes Program
- RAS-RTS FREE Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program
- RAS-RTS Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- RAS-RTS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes