Climate change is a result of rapid global warming. The increase of average temperature of earth is termed as Global warming. Global warming is a natural process which has been accelerated by anthropogenic activities. Because of this earth is not getting time to adjust to this change. This is causing climate change.
Effect on fauna:
- Migratory roots are changing for the birds. For example The arrival of Siberian cranes in India is delayed and they are returning to Russia a bit early.
- The breeding pattern of birds and aquatic animals is also changing. Tropical fish species are shifting to more temperate waters.
- Vector borne diseases which were found in tropical areas are also shifting to temperate regions.
- There is a large scale habitat loss. This is the single biggest reason of pushing species to the brink of extinction. Many endemic species which are confined to a small area likeislands have become critically endangered. Right now, 6th mass extinction is going on.
- Many polar species are finding it uncomfortable to survive in the polar waters because temperature is increasing.
RAS-RTS FREE Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for RAS-RTS FREE Prelims and RAS-RTS FREE Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by RAS-RTS FREE Notes are as follows:-
- RAS-RTS FREE Mains 2020 Tests and Notes Program
- RAS-RTS FREE Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program
- RAS-RTS Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- RAS-RTS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes