Detailed topicwise RPSC Mains GK Notes for RAS Mains Exam are provided for free browsing. RPSC (RAS) Mains Notes are designed by RAS Toppers and other civil servants. Detail Notes can be browsed at the following links.
Unit I- HISTORY
[su_spoiler title=”Part A – History, Art, Culture, Literature, Tradition and Heritage of Rajasthan” open=”yes” style=”fancy” icon=”arrow”]
• Major landmarks in the History of Rajasthan from Pre-historic time to close of 18 Century, Important dynasties, their administrative and revenue system.
• Salient events of 19 & 20 centuries: Peasant & Tribal Movements. Political Awakening, Freedom Movement and Integration.
• Heritage of Rajasthan: Performing & fine Art, Handicraft and Architecture; Fairs, Festivals, Folk Music and Folk Dance
• Important works of Rajasthani Literature and Dialects of Rajasthan.
• Saints , Lok Devtas and eminent personalities of Rajasthan
[su_spoiler title=”Part b – Indian History” open=”yes” style=”fancy” icon=”arrow”]
• Indian heritage: Fine Art, Performing Art, Architecture & Literature from Indus Civilization to British Era.
• Religious Movements and religious philosophy in Ancient and Medieval India.
• History of Modern India from beginning of 19 Century to 1965 AD: Significant events, personalities and issues.
• Indian National Movement- Its various stages & streams, important contributors and contribution from different parts of the country.
• Socio-religious Reform Movements in 19 and 20 Century.
• Post Independence consolidation and reorganization – Accession of princely states & Linguistic reorganisation of the states.
[su_spoiler title=”Part C – History of Modern World (up to 1950AD)” open=”yes” style=”fancy” icon=”arrow”]
• Renaissance and Reformation.
• Enlightenment and Industrial Revolution.
• Imperialism and colonialism in Asia and Africa.
• Impact of World Wars.
Unit II- ECONOMICS
[su_spoiler title=”Part A- Indian Economy” open=”yes” style=”fancy” icon=”arrow”]
• Major Sectors of Economy: Agriculture, Industry & Service- Current Status, Issues and Initiatives.
• Banking: Concept of Money supply & High Powered Money. Role and Functions of Central Bank & Commercial Banks, issues of NPA, Financial Inclusion. Monetary Policy- Concept, objectives & Instruments.
• Public Finance: Tax reforms in India- Direct & Indirect, subsidies- Cash Transfer and other related issues. Recent Fiscal Policy of India.
• Recent Trends in Indian Economy: Role of Foreign Capital, MNCs, FDI, PDS, Exim Policy, 12 Finance Commission, Poverty alleviation schemes.
[su_spoiler title=”B- World Economy” open=”yes” style=”fancy” icon=”arrow”]
• Global Economic issues and trends: Role of World Bank, IMF & WTO.
• Concept of Developing, Emerging and Developed countries.
• India in global Scenario.
[su_spoiler title=”Part C- Economy of Rajasthan” open=”yes” style=”fancy” icon=”arrow”]
• Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry, Dairy and Animal husbandry with special reference to Rajasthan.
• Industrial Sector- Growth and recent trends.
• Growth, Development & Planning with special reference to Rajasthan.
• Recent development and issues in service sector of Rajasthan.
• Major Development Projects of Rajasthan- their objectives and impact.
• Public Private Partnership Model for Economic Transformation in Rajasthan.
• Demographic Scenario of the State and its impact on Rajasthan Economy.
Unit III- SOCIOLOGY, MANAGEMENT & Accounting and Auditing
[su_spoiler title=”Part A- Sociology” open=”yes” style=”fancy” icon=”arrow”]
Development of Sociological Thought in India
• Social Values
• Caste Class & Occupation
• Varna, Ashram Vyavastha, Purusharth Vyavastha and Sanskar Vyavastha
• Issues and Problems of Society.
• Tribal community of Rajasthan: Bhil, Mina (Meena) and Garasia.
[su_spoiler title=”Part B- Management” open=”yes” style=”fancy” icon=”arrow”]
• Management – Scope, concept, functions of Management – Planning, Organizing, Staffing, Direction, Coordination and Control, Decision-Making: concept, process and techniques.
• Modern concept of Marketing, Marketing Mix – Product, Price, Place and Promotion
• Objective, concept of maximization of wealth, Sources of Finance – Short and Long term, Capital Structure, Cost of Capital
• Concept and Main theories of Leadership and Motivation, Communication, Basics of recruitment, selection, induction, training & development and appraisal system
[su_spoiler title=”Part C- Accounting and Auditing” open=”yes” style=”fancy” icon=”arrow”]
• Techniques of analysis of Financial statements, Basics of Working Capital Management, Responsibility and Social Accounting
• Meaning & Objectives of Auditing, Internal Control, Social, Performance and Efficiency Audit.
• Basics of different types of Budgeting, Budgetary control