- Indian national movement: One of the biggest. Inspired many others.
- Gandhian Political Strategy very important.
- Elements of Gandhian Strategy can be seen in the Solidarity Movement in Poland by Lech Walesa
- Revolt of 1857
- TRIBAL UPRISINGS
- Peasant Uprisings
- Rise of Indian National Movement
- Indian National Congress
- Moderate phase:early nationalists,Freedom of Press and Bal Gangadhar Tilak
- Reasons for the growth of militant nationalism (this is different from revolutionary terrorism)
- Revolutionary Terrorism
- Partition of Bengal and The Swadeshi Movement
- The Split in the Congress: Surat 1907
- Morley-Minto Reforms, 1909 and Growth of Communalism
- Muslim League and hindu communalism
- World War I and Gadar movement
- The Home Rule Movement
- Lucknow Pact (1916),Montagu-Chelmsford Reforms and Rowlatt Act
- Gandhi’s early career and activism
- Non Co-operation and Khilafat Movement
- Struggles for Gurudwara Reform and Temple Entry
- The years of Stagnation and Emergence of socialism
- Simon Commission (1927),Civil Disobedience Movement,August Offer wavell plan and CR Formula
WHY IS THE INDIAN NATIONAL MOVEMENT UNIQUE
- In the Indian national movement, the Gramscian perspective of war of position was successfully practiced.
- It provides the only historical example of a semi-democratic or democratic type of political structure being successfully replaced or transformed.
- State power was not seized in a moment of revolution, but through prolonged popular struggle on moral, political and ideological reserves.
- It is also an example of how the constitutional space offered by the existing structure could be used without getting coopted by it.
- Diverse perspectives and ideologies
WHY STUDY NATIONAL MOVEMENT?
- The path that India has followed since 1947 has deep roots in the struggle for independence.
OUTSTANDING FEATURES OF THE FREEDOM STRUGGLE
- Values and modern ideals on which it was based
- Vision of the leaders: democratic, civil libertarian and secular India, based on a self-reliant, egalitarian social order and an independent foreign policy
- The movement popularized democratic ideas and institutions in India
- The strong civil libertarian and democratic tradition of the national movement was reflected in the constitution of independent India.
- Pro-poor orientation
- A non-racist, anti-imperialist outlook which continues to characterize Indian foreign policy was the part of the legacy of the anti-imperialist struggle.
- India’s freedom struggle was basically the result of fundamental contradiction between the interests of the Indian people and that of British colonialism.
For any doubt please leave a comment for rasfreenotes.in team in the comment box below. If these notes looked relavent to you please share on Facebook and Google so that your other friends could find the free service and could save lakhs from those coaching mafiya’s
RAS-RTS FREE Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for RAS-RTS FREE Prelims and RAS-RTS FREE Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by RAS-RTS FREE Notes are as follows:-
- RAS-RTS FREE Mains 2018 Tests and Notes Program
- RAS-RTS FREE Prelims Exam 2018- Test Series and Notes Program
- RAS-RTS FREE Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- RAS-RTS FREE Detailed Complete Prelims Notes