WMO was created in 1950 as an intergovernmental organization and became a specialized agency of the United Nations in 1951.
- a) Its secretariat is located in Geneva, Switzerland.
- b) WMO is the UN system’s authoritative voice on weather, climate and water.
- c) Through its members, WMO provides forecasts and early warnings to nations which help prevent and mitigate disasters.
- d) WMO monitors and forecast the transport of chemical and oil spills, forest fires, volcanic ash, haze and nuclear isotopes. It also draws world attention to the depletion of the ozone layer.
- e) Indian Meteorological Department, Pune acts as the regional centre for WMO in Asian Region.
- RAS-RTS FREE Mains 2019 Tests and Notes Program
- RAS-RTS Prelims Exam 2019- Test Series and Notes Program
- RAS-RTS FREE Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- RAS-RTS FREE Detailed Complete Prelims Notes