14 Rajasthan districts fare poorly in personday generation by SC/STs in MNREGA
Social exclusion of SCs and STs takes place when they are not given work despite having work in a village (or gram panchayat). They are often told that there aren’t sufficient number of works under the scheme in that village. It is being done to exclude those belonging to SC and ST categories (in a village where people belonging to upper caste are dominant)
Among the districts that have achieved a target of 100 per cent and above (against the vision) are: Ganganagar, Jhunjhunu, Sikar, Hanumangarh, Dausa, Dungarpur, Karauli, Baran and Udaipur.
3rd G20 Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors Meeting
- Union Minister for Finance & Corporate Affairs Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman participated in the 3rd G20 Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors (FMCBG) meeting under the Saudi Arabian Presidency through Video Conferencing here today to discuss the global economic outlook amid evolving COVID-19 pandemic crisis along with other G20 Finance Track priorities for the year 2020.
- G20 Action Plan lays out a list of collective commitments under the pillars of Health Response, Economic Response, Strong and Sustainable Recovery and International Financial Coordination, aimed at co-ordinating G20 efforts to fight the pandemic.
Australia may join Malabar exercise
- Stage set for Australia to be part of next Malabar exercise with India, US, Japan
- India and Australia elevated their ties to a comprehensive strategic partnership and signed the crucial Mutual Logistics Support Agreement (MLSA) for reciprocal access to bases, medical and training facilities, spares and fuel.
- The next edition of Malabar, already delayed by the Covid-19 pandemic, is set to be held by the end of the year.
Professor C. S. Seshadri passed away
- S. Seshadri, one of the leaders of Indian mathematics in the post-Independence era, passed away in Chennai.
- He was among those who built the TIFR School of Mathematics to global acclaim.
- His efforts, especially in algebraic geometry, will be remembered for generations.
- He was awarded the Padma Bhushan in 2009.
Arunachal plans 100% tap connections by 2023
- Arunachal Pradesh Government has decided to provide 100% tap water connections to all the households in the State by 2023 under Jal Jeevan Mission, the flagship programme of Government, which aims to provide safe drinking water to all. It is the vision of the Prime Minister to bring improvements in the lives of people of the country, especially the rural people. The mission aims to change the lives of the people residing in rural area.
- In hilly areas, it is a huge burden on the women of the household to go and fetch water from a distance, which takes heavy toll on their body. To reduce their drudgery, this mission has come as a boon and aims to provide potable water to every rural household in adequate quantity and of prescribed quality on regular and long-term basis. The States are required to train five persons especially women in every village for use of field test kits for testing of water supplied at local level.
Samridhi Kalia breaks world record in performing yoga poses
- Dubai-based Indian girl Samridhi Kalia breaks world record in performing yoga poses
- She has broken the world record for performing 100 yoga poses within minutes in a confined space.
NDRF now open for individual donations
- Centre has applied an unused provision in the Disaster Management Act, 2005 to allow any person or institution to contribute to the National Disaster Response Fund (NDRF) for the purpose of disaster management.
- The NDRF, maintained under the accounting head of the Union Finance Ministry, has been allocated ₹22,070 crore in the financial year 2020-21, up from ₹17,210 crore in the 2019-20 fiscal.
- The Centre contributes 75% of the SDRF allocation for general category States and Union Territories, and 90% for special category States (northeast States, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Himachal Pradesh, and Jammu & Kashmir).
Lower courts heard 7.3 lakh cases online
- digital infrastructure in the country has helped provide a variety of e-governance and direct transfer services during the Covid-19 pandemic, with subordinate courts too handling over 7.3 lakh cases virtually.
Railways generates over 1 lakh man-days
- Indian Railways spent about ₹608 crore in the last four weeks to generate over one lakh man-days of work under the Garib Kalyan RojgarAbhiyaan, which was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on June 20.
- Railways was focussing on infrastructure development and modernisation of its network, with a target of running freight and passenger trains on demand in the next 3-4 years. It will be spending about ₹13.6 lakh crore on infrastructure projects till the year 2025. This spend is part of the over ₹100 lakh crore investments announced by the Central government under National Infrastructure Pipeline.
- RAS-RTS FREE Mains 2020 Tests and Notes Program
- RAS-RTS FREE Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program
- RAS-RTS Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- RAS-RTS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes