- NITI Aayog has ranked Rajasthan at No.1 state in water conversation
- NITI Aayog has ranked Rajasthanat first place among states in water conversation as it registered a significant increase in the level of groundwater.
- The water level has increased in the state due to water conservation structures built under Chief Minister’s Jal Swawlamban Abhiyaan programme. Also, there has been an increase in irrigation capacity by 81 per cent.
- A total of 4 lakh water conservation structures were created and 1.5 million plantations were done in last three years under the directions of Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje.
- With these efforts, the groundwater level has risen by 5 feet in around 21 districts. Also, there has been a decrease in distributing water through tankers by 56 per cent.
- World Day to Combat Desertification and Drought: June 17
- The World Day to Combat Desertification (WDCD) is being celebrated worldwide on 17th June.
- World Day to Combat Desertification and Drought is observed every year to promote public awareness of international efforts to combat desertification.
- Theme of WDCD 2018 is “Land has true value – invest in “.
- S. pips India as top greenfield FDI destination
- The U.S. has surpassed India to become the top destination for greenfield FDI investment in 2017, says a report.
- The number of greenfield FDI projects in India during the year fell sharply by 21% to 637, said the FDI Report 2018 compiled by FDI Intelligence.
- India had maintained the numero uno slot in greenfield FDI investment in 2015 and 2016.
· India is planning to gift a Dornier aircraft to Seychelles
- India plans to gift Seychelles a Dornier aircraft this month — second such aircraft that could be gifted to the Indian Ocean Region.
- An Indo-French-Seychelles trilateral cooperationmay safeguard India’s strategic interests in the key Indian Ocean country amid China’s growing interests in the region.
· UAE to grant free 48 hour transit visa at Dubai, Abu Dhabi
- The UAE government has decided that to grant free transit visas for first 48 hoursto transit passengers.
- This visa can be extended for up to 96 hours by paying 50 Dirham (about Rs 930).
· Nepal, China to sign pact on Tibet Kathmandu railway line during the visit of Nepal PM Oli
- Nepal Prime Minister K P Sharma Oli‘s will visit China from June 19 to 24.
- During this visit, Nepal will sign an MoU on constructing a railway line connecting Kerung of Tibet to Kathmandu.
- This will be the first visit to China by the Prime Minister since he assumed power in February.
· UK omits India from relaxed student visa rules
- UK announced a relaxation of the Tier 4 visa category for overseas students from 25
- However, India has been left out of this new expanded list, which means Indian students applying for similar courses will continue to face rigorous checks and documentary requirements.
- The changes, which come into effect on July 6, aim to make it easier for international students to come to study in the UK.
· China will impose further 25 percent tariffs on US imports in tit for tat move
- After the US imposed a 25% tariff on Chinese imports, China has announced its decision to impose further 25 percent tariffs on 659 American products worth $50 billion.
- China said it was “unwilling to have a trade war” with the US but was left with no choice due to the US’ “myopic behaviour”.
· Meghana becomes 1st woman IAF fighter pilot from south India
- Flying Officer Meghana Shanbough MR from Karnataka has become the first woman Indian Air Force fighter pilot from south India.
- Before her, only five other female fighter pilots have joined the ranks.
- She graduates from the Air Force Academy (AFA) in Dundigal.
- Fourth Governing Council Meeting of NITI Aayog Concludes
- The fourth meeting of the Governing Council of NITI Aayog was held under the chairmanship of the Hon’ble Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi at Rashtrapati Bhavan.
- It was attended by 23 Chief Ministers and the Lieutenant Governor of Andaman & Nicobar Islands, apart from Union Ministers, who are ex-officio members and special invitees.
- At the end of the day-long deliberations, the Prime Minister highlighted the importance of the Governing Council of NITI Aayog as a platform to inspire cooperative federalism.
· Indian Railways to issue Credit card like medical cards to employees, retirees
- The Railways has decided to replace the existing book-like medical cards issued to its employees and pensioners with credit card-like health cards carrying unique all-India number.
- At present, the medical cards issued by the zonal railways are in the form of booklets which resemble ration cards.
- Currently, railway has around 13 lakh employees and around the same number of pensioners and all their dependents are eligible to use the medical card.
- RAS-RTS FREE Mains 2018 Tests and Notes Program
- RAS-RTS FREE Prelims Exam 2018- Test Series and Notes Program
- RAS-RTS FREE Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- RAS-RTS FREE Detailed Complete Prelims Notes