- Rajasthan government nod for construction on private hill land
- In a first, the state government has given the go ahead for constructions on hills in private land in urban areas.
- The urban housing and development (UDH) department and the directorate of local bodies (DLB) have jointly framed the model bylaws for the same.
- The move is expected to pave way for the construction of resorts, hotels, farmhouses and houses on hills. According to official sources, in many districts such as Udaipur, Dungarpur, Banswara etc there are many hills on land owned by private parties.
- The local bodies will also permit construction on private lands, which are marked as plantation area and hill conservation area in respective masterplans.
- As per the bylaws, construction will be allowed in only 20% of the total land area.
- The owners will have to develop a green belt in 50% of the land. It has also been made mandatory for owners to plant 150 trees in one hectare.
- To construct G+1buildings, there should be an approach road that’s three to six metres wide. For G+2 buildings, the road should have a width of six to nine metres.
- Similarly, constructions of up to 15m height (G+3) will only be allowed on land that has an approach road of above nine metres.
- It has also been decided not to give permission to construct basements.
- Moreover, permission will not be given for constructions on land in the five-metre periphery of any river or lake.
- Walmart acquires 77% stake in Flipkart
- The world’s largest retailer Walmart will acquire a 77 percent holding in Flipkart Group for $16 billion, the companies said in a statement.
- Flipkart co-founder Binny Bansal and other shareholders will hold the remainder.
- Japan’s Softbank to exit Flipkart by selling entire 20 per cent stake to Walmart.
- Flipkart co-founder Sachin Bansal to exit company by selling his 5.5 pc stake to Walmart.
· Nisha Bhalla Conferred With ‘WEF 2018’ Award
- Nisha Bhalla, a 46-year-old holistic coach and consultant from Mumbai was felicitated at the recently concluded Annual Women Economic Forum (WEF) 2018 Awards.
- WEF is the largest global gathering of women entrepreneurs and leaders worldwide.
- This annual event recognizes the most successful women across all fields, with guests like Nobel laureate Ouided Bouchamaoui.
- The event was held in Delhi.
- Nisha was presented the ‘Excellent Woman of Excellence’ award for her spiritual service at the event.
· Fifteenth Finance Commission Constituted Advisory Council
- The 15th Finance Commissionconstituted an advisory council to advise and assist the commission.
- six-member council will be headed by the President of Forum for Strategic Initiatives, Arvind Virmani.
- The role and functions of the council will be to advise the commission on any issue or subject related to the Terms of Reference (ToR) of the Commission.
- Besides, the council will also assist the commission in the preparation of any paper or research study which will enhance the Commission’s understanding on the issues containing in its ToR.
· Madhya Pradesh launches Indias first Integrated Control and Command Centre for its smart cities
- Bhopal Smart city Development Corporation Limited (BSCDCL) launched India’s first cloud-based common Integrated Data Centre, Disaster Recovery Center and integrated control and command center.
- It is powered by Hewlett Packard (HP) Enterprise’s universal Internet of Things.
- ICCC will enable Madhya Pradesh State Administration to monitor and administer multiple cities civic utilities and citizen services across seven smart cities include Bhopal, Gwalior, Jabalpur, Indore, Ujjain, Satna, and Sagar.
- It will also enable statewide monitoring of these cities from central command view and result in significant cost savings as compared to deploying full-fledged data and discovery data along with the control centers in each center in every seven cities.
· Centre to roll out triple-drug therapy to eliminate filaria
- The Union government has approved the roll-out of the WHO-recommended new triple-drug therapy (TDT) in four select districts, including one in Maharashtra, to eliminate lymphatic filariasis (LF) from the country.
TDT, which uses Ivermectin, Diethylcarbamazine Citrate (DEC) and Albendazole, will also be rolled out in one district each in Uttar Pradesh, Bihar and Jharkhand.
- The studies carried out in other countries have shown that TDT is more effective than the existing two-drug therapy in permanently eliminating the micro-filariae infection. Thus, it becomes all the more important for a country like India, which bears approximately 40% of the global LF burden. In India, 650 million are people at the risk of contracting the disease across 256 districts in 21 states and Union Territories.
· Govt sets up multi-disciplinary group to crackdown on funding of Left-wing extremists
- The home ministry, in a bid to crack down on funding of Left-wing extremists and ensure confiscation of their ill-gotten properties, has set up a multi-disciplinary group comprising officers of intelligence and investigative agencies of the Centre and affected state governments.
- The Central agencies represented in the group include Intelligence Bureau, CBI, Enforcement Directorate, Directorate of Revenue Intelligence, NIA, CBDT and CBI, while the state agencies are the police, state intelligence and CID. The agencies have been coordinating their actions and holding regular meetings. A home ministry officer on Monday said the actionable intelligence gathered through their “painstaking work” has achieved substantial success in tracking and choking the financial supply lines of Maoists, particularly in Bihar and Jharkhand.
- In another measure, the home ministry has initiated the process for creation of a separate vertical in NIA for probing important cases relating to Left-wing extremism.
RAS-RTS FREE Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for RAS-RTS FREE Prelims and RAS-RTS FREE Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by RAS-RTS FREE Notes are as follows:-
- RAS-RTS FREE Mains 2018 Tests and Notes Program
- RAS-RTS FREE Prelims Exam 2018- Test Series and Notes Program
- RAS-RTS FREE Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- RAS-RTS FREE Detailed Complete Prelims Notes