- Rajasthan government amends bylaws to promote green buildings
- To promote green buildings in the state, the urban development and housing (UDH) department has prepared a draft of the amended model building bylaws.
- After receiving the Indian Green Building Council nod, department had initiated an exercise to prepare a draft to provide relaxation in bylaws.
- Till last year, the state had 83 Indian Green Building Council (IGBC) registered projects with a footprint of 103 million sqft of green buildings.
- The government of Rajasthan had proposed to reward developers by giving extra floor-area ratio (FAR) between 7.5% and 15% at no cost. Like other states, Rajasthan, too, would provide certificates to its green buildings. These buildings would be bifurcated into three categories — platinum, gold and silver — said an official. Buildings certified as platinum would be rewarded with 15% FAR.
- Similarly, gold and silver certification would get 10% and 7.5% FAR, respectively.
- Global Terrorism Index 2019
- According to the 2019 Global Terrorism Index (GTI), deaths from terrorism fell for the fourth consecutive year, after peaking in 2014.
- The number of deaths has now decreased by 52 per cent since 2014, falling from 33,555 to 15,952.
- Afghanistan was the country most impacted by terrorism in 2018, replacing Iraq, which had held that position since 2004.
- With 350 Indians killed and 540 injured in 748 terrorist incidents in 2018, India is at seventh place in the list of countries most affected by terrorism.
- TheNational Investigation Agency (NIA)is to host the first-ever counter-terrorism table-top exercise (CT-TTX) for the Quad countries.
- The aim of the CT-TTX exercise is to assess and validate counter-terrorism response mechanisms in the light of emerging terrorist threats among the Quad countries.
- The CT-TTX exercise is the first of its kind engagement among the four countries. The exercise aims to discuss the issues of common interest related to counter-terrorism.
- The countries take the international counter-terror offensive, preparedness, mitigation and synergy to the next level.
- NASA Unveils First Electric Plane X-57 “Maxwell”
- NASA showcased an early version of its first all-electric experimental aircraft, the X-57 Maxwell.
- Adapted from an Italian-made Tecnam P2006T twin-engine propeller plane, the X-57 has been under development since 2015.
- The target of the agency is to fly this aeroplane in late 2020.
· Centre to set a new framework for SIFIs under IBC
- The Central government has notified rules for the resolution ofsystemically important financial institutions (SIFIs)under Section 227 of the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016 (IBC). The new rules excluded banks. The government also said that the IBC’s regular provisions would be applicable to all other financial service providers (FSPs), not deemed SIFIs.
- The new rules set by the government of India aims to open the doors for resolution of stressednon-banking finance companies (NBFCs) under the framework.
- Financial service providers are generally not covered under the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code. Under the new rules notified by the government, the code can be invoked to find a resolution for stressed finance companies such as Dewan Housing Finance Corporation Ltd. (DHFL). These rules will not apply to banks.
- The government will notify the categories of FSPs that do not fall under the systemically important category. It shall be resolved under the normal provisions of the Code as ordinarily applicable to corporate debtors.
- This new framework will be decided in consultation with the appropriate regulators, mostly the Reserve Bank of India.
· Railways use humanoid robot to transport documents
- The modern railway coach factoryis using a humanoid robot Sona 1.5to transport documents from one place to another. The humanoid robot Sona 1.5 was built by Najavunjpavad, Jaipur. It was successfully tested recently. The move by the factory aims to establish new dimensions in the field of modernity.
- Sona 1.5, the humanoid robot, is afull-service robot made in India. This robot will be used to transport files or any type of documents from one place to another in the modern railway coach factory. It is the first robot in the world with human-like spine technology due to which they are able to balance.
· Ministry of AYUSH adds Medicinal Plants to the NAM Scheme
- Ministry of AYUSHhas implemented a new component named Medicinal Plants under Centrally Sponsored Scheme of National AYUSH Mission (NAM)since 2015-16 across India. The move by the Ministry aims to promote the cultivation of medicinal plants.
- Ministry of AYUSH has provided its support in cultivating the medicinal plants in the states of Bihar, Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh, and West Bengal through which the river Ganga flows.
- According to the NAM scheme guidelines, the medicinal plants are cultivated in different states based on the State Annual Action Plan (SAAP) that are submitted by the concerned State and approved by the NAM Directorate of Ministry of AYUSH.
· Ministry of Culture to promote Indian literature in foreign countries
- Ministry of Culturehas started to promote the Indian literature in foreign countries throughSahitya Academy. To promote Indian Literature in foreign countries, the Sahitya Akademi that functions under the Ministry of Culture has sent few delegations to different countries under the Cultural Exchange Programme of the Ministry. The countries include Spain, London, Brazil, Thailand, Israel, Mauritius, Sharjah, and Nepal.
RAS-RTS FREE Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for RAS-RTS FREE Prelims and RAS-RTS FREE Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by RAS-RTS FREE Notes are as follows:-
- RAS-RTS FREE Mains 2020 Tests and Notes Program
- RAS-RTS FREE Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program
- RAS-RTS Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- RAS-RTS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes