E-waste or electronic waste refers to all waste from electronic and electrical appliances which have reached their end- of- life period or are no longer fit for their original intended use and are destined for recovery, recycling or disposal. It includes computer and its accessories monitors, printers; typewriters, mobile phones and chargers, remotes, batteries, LCD/Plasma TVs, air conditioners, refrigerators and other household appliances etc. Rapid growth of technology, upgradation of technical innovations, and a high rate of obsolescence in the electronics industry have led to one of the fastest growing waste streams in the world.
Impact of e waste:
- Many of these substance are toxic and carcinogenic. Their exposure will lead to fatal disease like Itai Itai disease. The toxic agent can cause lung, liver and kidney related disease.
- The materials are non -biodegradable and are complex and have been found to be difficult to recycle in a sustainable manner.
- The leaching of e waste can lead to accumulation of waste and will affect the ecology of the area.
RAS-RTS FREE Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for RAS-RTS FREE Prelims and RAS-RTS FREE Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by RAS-RTS FREE Notes are as follows:-
- RAS-RTS FREE Mains 2019 Tests and Notes Program
- RAS-RTS Prelims Exam 2019- Test Series and Notes Program
- RAS-RTS FREE Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- RAS-RTS FREE Detailed Complete Prelims Notes