Black carbon is a potent climate-warming component of particulate matter formed by the incomplete combustion of fossil fuels, woods and other fuels. It is a short loved climate pollutant with a significant direct and indirect impacts on the climate, glacial region, agriculture and human health.
Impact of Black Carbon:
- It is very effective at absorbing light and heating its surrounding.
- It influence cloud formation and impacts regional circulation and rainfall patterns.
- When deposited on ice and snow, black carbon and co emitted particles reduces surface albedo and heat the surface.
- Can affect the health of ecosystems in several ways.
- Black carbo and its copollutant are key components of fine particulate matter air pollution.
- RAS-RTS FREE Mains 2020 Tests and Notes Program
- RAS-RTS FREE Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program
- RAS-RTS Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- RAS-RTS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes