Rajasthan ranks fourth in the list of Public Private Partnership (PPP) projects in the country. As per a report released by the Assocham, there are seven major urban development projects worth over Rs 1,400 crore currently being undertaken in construction sector in PPP mode and several others in rural areas.
The state government, with its strong inclination for developing infrastructure through support from private sector, has fast-tracked various projects under PPP. Some of the projects in the ongoing scheme in urban areas include:-
- alternate route to Ghat Ki Ghuni (Rs 150 cr),
- ring road project (Rs 890 cr),
- multi-level parking at Ashok Marg (Rs 90 cr) and
- affordable housing scheme (Rs 348 cr).
Apart from it, thirty road projects entailing investment of Rs 4733.40 crore are under implementation. Two major projects namely :-
- Jaipur to Bhilwara project and
- Chomu to Mahla via Renwal, Jobner
have been taken up with VGF (viability gap fund) assistance for state highways having a length 294 km and costing Rs 354 crore.
To develop the necessary infrastructure in the state, it has become necessary to engage private sector. It reduces the financial burden at the same time provides needed services
However, the major projects in PPP mode has been initiated in power sector.
- Lignite-based power plant at Bhadresh in Barmer alone stands at Rs 5,000 cr.
- phase-II of Jaipur Metro. From Sitapura to Ambabari, with estimated cost of Rs 6,583 crore), the operation and maintenance of entire network is proposed on PPP mode.
The road and power sector are capital intensive projects. Apart from it consumes lot of time and resources and at present no government in the country is equipped to carry mega projects at one go. Managing them is a big issue given the scarcity of engineers in the government
RAS-RTS FREE Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for RAS-RTS FREE Prelims and RAS-RTS FREE Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by RAS-RTS FREE Notes are as follows:-
- RAS-RTS FREE Mains 2020 Tests and Notes Program
- RAS-RTS FREE Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program
- RAS-RTS Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- RAS-RTS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes